Google Squared – the New Shape of Search
Do you yahoo? Remember that question? In spite of all Yahoo efforts, “yahoo” hasn’t become the verb that means “search”. Everyone knows the word which means web search nowadays – it’s “google”. And now Google takes one more step towards leadership – the new search tool Google Squared released last week.
- search results are displayed as a chart which gives not only links, but also other related information. For example:
- rows and columns in a result chart can be added or removed. ‘Add column’ field suggests various parameters to add or allows to type your own.
- squares can be saved to your Google account and easily removed when they are not needed.
What can be better:
- amount of search results is extremely small in comparison with the amount for the same queries in usual Google Search.
- in most cases, column values for one item are taken from different websites that can adversely affect search relevance. Nevertheless, you can view other values for most parameters and choose the most reliable one.
Google Squared still needs a bit of work, but it has a potential to simplify and improve web search in the future.
2 Comments »